Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Prospect Park

It all started so innocently. Just a chance meeting in Prospect Park.

I cut through the park on my way home from work with a cup of my favorite Starbucks coffee when I heard a rustling in the bushes.

"Psst. They're out to get you," said a quiet hushed voice.

I figured it was just the neighborhood homeless man, so I kept walking.

But then I heard the voice again. "Psst. Hey, Paul! They're going to get yooooooouu!"

I wasn't sure how the neighborhood homeless man might know my name, so I turned around.

"Who are you?" I asked the bush.

To my surprise, Thom Yorke emerged from behind the bush.

"Stop your consumption and waaaake up!" he exclaimed. He was so excited his voice broke into a high falsetto.

"Uh, wait, aren't you-" I began to ask, but Thom York interrupted me.

"There are nameless faceless people and they want you to suuuuubmit." He began singing again.

At this point, I realized he was pointing to my coffee.

"Look, I know its Starbucks," I tried to explain. "But they make a good cup of --"

I lost my train of thought. Thom Yorke was singing again. "We hooooope that you chooooke!"

His eyes bulged and he pointed at my throat. "You chohohohoke!"

"Okay, okay," I pleaded, "Listen I'll walk the extra avenue to that local Cafe, okay?"

Thom Yorke nodded enthusiastically and then began to shuffle around. I think it was dancing.

"Hey, Thom," I asked out of curiosity, "how did you know my name?"

Thom didn't answer. He just shrieked and ran back into the bushes.

He was gone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is more likely that you had a psychotic episode.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL

THIS BLOG IS BRILLIANT.

why is not more famous!?

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home